SA Mini Maker Faire: call for makers

mike perez

Jan 2, 2017, 3:26:44 PM1/2/17
to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com
Hello Friends!

It has been a while since I have been in contact and I would love to see your smiling faces again! I want to invite you all (collectively or individually as you prefer) to apply to be a "maker" at San Antonio's 2017 Mini Maker Faire, Saturday March 25 at the Central Library downtown. In past years, our local event has been tech-centric. This year we want to expand our reach and bring in makers of all kinds. We are looking for makers in custom cars/bikes, costumes/fashion, theatre set design, homesteading/farming, cooking, printmaking, woodworking, ... if it involves making something we want to showcase it!

More information on SA's 2017 Mini Maker Faire

Maker Faires started out in San Mateo, CA in 2006 and have spread nationwide. The Flagship faires in San Mateo, Detroit, and NY last three days. Mini maker faires likes ours, are one day only events. You can choose to be present all day at your own booth, or deliver a presentation, interactive workshop, or perform once or multiple times during the day.

This year, I am on the planning committee, so please send me any questions you may have. I can also help you with the short, short application.

Though I am working with a committee, my personal goal for this year's faire is collaboration between the makers and the visitors by getting the visitors to make something at as many maker booths as possible. Either making something completely new at each booth, or adding to what they have made at the previous booth. Then having the visitors briefly showcase their creation(s) on stage or on social media throughout the day. If you can not bring this kind of activity to the event, don't worry, I still want you to apply as a maker and showcase your work! I know you will spark curiosity and interest in the event goers, as you have with me!

Again, please contact me if you have any questions.

--
-m.a.perez
KF5QVO