New 10bit digs

Ryan Beltran

Jun 20, 2017, 3:29:40 PM6/20/17
to 10BitWorks
Do another tour of CoLab? What's the pricing / size for that?

I reached out to Alamo Studios which have a larger space and asked if they would be interested in renting out as well. Might be worth a visit also. Huge warehouse space and seperate offices.

https://alamocitystudios.com/
1113 E Houston St, San Antonio, TX 78205

In...@alamocitystudios.com

tookys3

Jun 20, 2017, 5:31:22 PM6/20/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Ryan Beltran

The co-lab offer is for a 900sqft space with a 2000 sq ft space that is shared with the other people of co-lab.

(To put the 900 sq ft into perspective it is 2/3 The size of our main room, that all of our stuff would have to be kept in)

Co lab is asking that we pay a "per member" fee rather than a "per sqft"

Their per member fee is $35/ person. Which at the current time would mean $1575/month for 900 sq ft of our own space.

We currently pay $1650/month for 2500 sq ft of our own space. Also co-lab is primarily for art, photography, and videography. There is concern that we would disturb the other people at co-lab if we were to run the laser cutter or table saw.

We also have the issue that pretty much all of our equipment would have to be dragged out of our secured area, into the commons area in order to use. Which will also create alot of dust and noise that will disturb the other patreons of co-lab.

I'm currently working on several donations from other makerspace (such as a 5ft by 10ft cnc plywood router) that if we received could not possibly fit in the 900 sq ft that would be provided With all the other equipment we have.

All in all I don't think co-lab is a good fit for our membership.

If you have any recommendations for new locations please refer them to the president Ken runner. They will then be discussed at the following board meeting.

Sent via my Samsung Galaxy, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone