The new space

Don Smeller

Jul 17, 2017, 8:24:59 AM7/17/17
to 10BitWorks
The attachment may be useful in explaining stuff.

Peggy Guillory

Jul 17, 2017, 10:38:31 AM7/17/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Don Smeller
Sue, Kevin and I went over to the new place Sunday.
The gamers were "nestled in" in a room upstairs.
Their stuff pretty much filled it.
In the room downstairs we may paint in I asked Sue if we could put the printer / office supplies in there.
I hope all of the maker stuff would not go in there.
It would be nice to keep it clean and use for meetings etc.
I hope things will stay cleaner and more organized than in the old place.
If you agree, would you please bring it up in the Wed meeting?

Cleaning is easier when everyone helps to do it.
Tuesday I will do some cobweb cleaning.
Peggy

I have no idea what Les wants to do; but, I am happy to help him.
Maybe, you can help "interpret" for me.  Collaboration?
Peggy

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 7:25 AM 10BitWorks on behalf of Don Smeller <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
The attachment may be useful in explaining stuff.

Don Wright

Jul 17, 2017, 1:24:12 PM7/17/17
to 10BitWorks
Please be aware the railroad tracks in back are on the UP mainline that runs to El Paso and on to California. It should be quite busy.

Despite appearances on Google's map, there is no direct access to Nagalitos (adjacent street) from LaChapelle because Nagalitos is lowered to run under the tracks. Across the bridge, LaChapelle dead ends at the freeway.

If the Lone Star gets redeveloped, perhaps as the new Missions baseball stadium, the area should become more valuable. Right now the food choices within walking distance are quite limited.

The nearest bus stop is on South Flores, 0.2 miles or 4 minutes walk (Google estimate) away. Safety after dark may be a concern. I'd suggest security cameras for the parking area at the least.  --DonW

On Jul 17, 2017 7:25 AM, "10BitWorks on behalf of Don Smeller" <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
The attachment may be useful in explaining stuff.

Peggy Guillory

Jul 17, 2017, 1:45:00 PM7/17/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Don Wright
For those having to go North (and leaving our new space);
one of our great members took the time to teach me a good route going North.
I practiced it Sunday and it works great!  I live right off of I10 exit to W. Woodlawn Avenue.
I went down Flores; turned L onto South Alamo; entered I10W.
That was perfect.
Now, I just have to learn going South to South Alamo. Ha.
Peggy

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 12:24 PM 10BitWorks on behalf of Don Wright <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
[...]

Craig

Jul 17, 2017, 4:46:34 PM7/17/17
to 10BitWorks

<humor>

On Monday, July 17, 2017 at 9:38:31 AM UTC-5, pguillory424 wrote:
Sue, Kevin and I went over to the new place Sunday.
The gamers were "nestled in" in a room upstairs.
So 10bitworks gaming has now reached new heights?

Which 'Star Trek' movie song/theme is 10bitworks adopting as an unofficial group song?

Given the spaciousness off the new building, any thoughts on starting up drone racing?
Obviously this would be with the intent of allowing members to find the drone(s) they've
been looking for.

</humor>

Craig

Peggy Guillory

Jul 17, 2017, 5:45:07 PM7/17/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Craig
Craig,
I love your gaming room. It seems perfect for the game.  Cozy and perfect amount of space.
Sue has a watercolor design in outer space I think you would be interested in seeing.
Peggy

john vanhoozer

Jul 17, 2017, 6:01:08 PM7/17/17
to 10BitWorks
So, Don...  the "Hot Box" is what?   It is neither a box nor any hotter than the rest of the space.  Is it a space set aside for important things during the move?

When do the shelves go in around the future entrancce

Craig

Jul 17, 2017, 6:18:06 PM7/17/17
to 10BitWorks

On Monday, July 17, 2017 at 5:01:08 PM UTC-5, john vanhoozer wrote:
So, Don...  the "Hot Box" is what?   It is neither a box nor any hotter than the rest of the space.  Is it a space set aside for important things during the move?
Hopefully reserved for the prototype project to be discussed  in this weeks "Wednesday's '3d printed tuesday'".

When do the shelves go in around the future entrancce
<humor>
would guess just as soon as someone does the appropriate bench marks.
</humor>

On Monday, July 17, 2017 at 4:45:07 PM UTC-5, pguillory424 wrote:
Craig,
I love your gaming room. It seems perfect for the game.  Cozy and perfect amount of space.
Sue has a watercolor design in outer space I think you would be interested in seeing.
Peggy
Ah, but given all the floor to ceiling space, was thinking 10bit murals, perhaps multi-pass color spray using
https://tinkerlog.com/2015/11/17/paint-machine/ or massive led / cloth banners using http://www.osloom.org/
Although, digitizing and scaling up the watercolors would be an interesting project in and of it's self.

Craig

Kevin Baldor

Jul 17, 2017, 7:24:47 PM7/17/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Craig
Hot box is another client organization like the burningman group. I'm not sure how it was decided that they would be placed in the middle of the space rather than in a corner, but I hope that we can manage to maintain a more convex floor plan.

Sent from my iPad

Don Smeller

Jul 18, 2017, 3:52:48 PM7/18/17
to 10BitWorks
John
In the vernacular of the Burning Man folks, HotBox is the name of a tribe.  Or is it a sub-tribe?  I don’t pretend to understand the workings of Burning Man.  Anyhow, it’s two guys who want to reserve / rent some space.  James Manley chalked out a tentative area, I copied it into OnShape.    It’s not official or anything like official.
Don

Don Smeller

Jul 18, 2017, 3:57:21 PM7/18/17
to 10BitWorks
John,
The shelves will go up this coming Saturday, Jul 22.  Most of them were disassembled on the 15th in 2 hours.  They will go up just as quickly.
Don

Kevin Baldor

Kevin Baldor