Automotive Tools?

Devin DuMont

Jun 12, 2017, 8:02:06 PM6/12/17
to 10BitWorks
Ok two part question: Is there a hydraulic jack, stands, and a lug nut cross at the shop? If so, where? -Devin

john vanhoozer

Jun 12, 2017, 8:12:03 PM6/12/17
to 10BitWorks
Dunno, Devin.  But I do have a hydraulic jack and a pair of stands somewhere around here.  I could put them "on-loan" to the space if need be.  I don't think I've used them in 20 years.

Devin DuMont

Jun 12, 2017, 8:58:55 PM6/12/17
to 10BitWorks
That would be most helpful, When will you be there next?

john vanhoozer

Jun 13, 2017, 1:28:45 PM6/13/17
to 10BitWorks
I will be at 10bit on Thursday Evening... that's the only time I know I will be there.  I might be there earlier to work on a project.  I'll pull the stuff together and put them in the car (the jack itself is really heavy) and have it ready for you.

You are on your own for the lug nut cross.  Haven't seen one of those in years.

john vanhoozer

Jun 14, 2017, 12:11:39 PM6/14/17
to 10BitWorks
Devin,

I should be able to drop off the jack and stands today.  I'll leave them in the class room, clearly marked for you.

john

(run this all together "john ominoor @ gmail . com"  for my personal e-mail address.)

john vanhoozer

Jun 14, 2017, 5:12:10 PM6/14/17
to 10BitWorks
Change of plans!    I'll drop them tomorrow night.   I'm stuck at my house with a plumber.

john vanhoozer

Jun 15, 2017, 7:31:40 PM6/15/17
to 10BitWorks
Devin,

I've placed the jack and the stands by the Kiln in the wood shop.  I'm going to put them on loan to 10bit so let us know when you finish.

Devin DuMont

Jun 28, 2017, 8:26:12 PM6/28/17
to 10BitWorks
Hey John, I'm sorry. Work moved me to Cape Cod before I could use the tools. I won't be back till the end of summer. Hope all is well at the space.

john vanhoozer

Jun 29, 2017, 12:00:47 PM6/29/17
to 10BitWorks
No worry, Devin.  I'll make sure they are secured in the lab.

Devin DuMont

Jul 24, 2017, 2:32:06 PM7/24/17
to 10BitWorks
Just back in town, the space still usable to check some brake pads?

Adam Bark

Jul 24, 2017, 2:42:54 PM7/24/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Devin DuMont
The jack and stand have been moved to the new space, I'm not sure who has access currently.

john vanhoozer

Jul 24, 2017, 10:17:24 PM7/24/17
to 10BitWorks
Adam's right.  We've moved... but that's actually probably in your favor...  right now you might be able to drive right in and put it up on the jack/stands...  :)

Devin DuMont

Jul 25, 2017, 10:16:03 AM7/25/17
to 10BitWorks
Is there going to be a designated space for driving in? As well as a automotive specific tool box? When is someone going there next? I'd like to check it out, my cell is 314 852 3509