Infrared Emitter for Noir pi3

HevyH2O

Mar 30, 2017, 1:29:08 PM3/30/17
to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone! I was curious if there were any classes planned that might include anything for building a simple infrared lamp for a security camera that has none.

A simple soldering class might be enough with a no resister setup. But, I am also interested in the possibility to power the irled array via the rPi3, as well as controlled by it.

I'm also looking at various other projects to exploit this thing as far as I can ;) currently it is my RetroPie, and Noir Baby monitor, with plans to add a rechargeable batter pack to go completely mobile with it.

Many thanks!
-Aaron

Sent from my iPhone

Don Smeller

Apr 4, 2017, 6:04:45 PM4/4/17
to 10BitWorks, Ray Good
Aaron,
The likelyhood of a class is zero. But you’ll find capable help at 10Bit on Wednesday evenings. Ray Good loves to dig into this kind of problem.
Don

Craig

Apr 6, 2017, 12:53:19 AM4/6/17
to 10BitWorks

On Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 12:29:08 PM UTC-5, HevyH2O wrote:
Hello everyone! I was curious if there were any classes planned that might include anything for building a simple infrared lamp for a security camera that has none.

I'm also looking at various other projects to exploit this thing as far as I can ;) currently it is my RetroPie, and Noir Baby monitor, with plans to add a rechargeable batter pack to go completely mobile with it.

Could test out how well the following work for charing the battery pack(s):

15 watts : http://www.justpressprint.no/3d-models/generator-v1/
30 watts : http://www.justpressprint.no/3d-models/generator-v2/

Craig