Anyone need a big "motor"?

Donald Greer

Aug 17, 2015, 10:38:51 PM8/17/15
to sa-hackerspace
  OK, so my washing machine coughed up a furball and the fix is most of the price of a new one, sooooo...  Does anybody have a use for the "motor"?

  I say it with quotes, because the stater coils and magnets are seperate and setup to allow variable speeds and high power.

  This would be PERFECT if somebody wanted to use the magnets and stater to build a wind turbine, or if you could recreate the power circuits to make a REALLY strong variable speed motor.

  Let me know soon!  I'm picking up the replacement tomorrow and I need to ditch the old one soon.

  Don

--
"I don't necessarily believe that software should be free, but if you pay for it, it should work." -- Me