Member Directory

Daniel Espinoza

Dec 17, 2016, 5:34:20 PM12/17/16
to 10BitWorks
Is there a directory of the members of the makerspace and their contact info?

Also, it would be helpful if the member's profile had a list of their interests or skills in case
someone wanted to ask them questions.

Tookys

Dec 17, 2016, 7:14:13 PM12/17/16
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Daniel Espinoza
We do have a partial list of our current members and how to contact them. But we can't release the list publicly due to privacy concerns.

If we would want to create a member directory we would have to specifically ask people if they want to be on such a list. And we would need somebody to volunteer to collect said information and maintain such a list.

Daniel Espinoza

Dec 17, 2016, 10:12:24 PM12/17/16
to 10BitWorks
Having a member directory on the website accessible only to paying members would solve both issues.

1. Members could opt-in to having their information shared with other paying and logged in members.
2. Members could manage their own profile and list their preferred contact method (I prefer email to phone), and
what areas of expertise they want to share.

There are several free plugins for WordPress that make this possible. I can outline how this can be built if
it sounds like a good addition.