Laser Cutter

Don Smeller

Apr 19, 2018, 10:03:51 PM4/19/18
to Stevan Živadinović via 10BitWorks
Stevan,

I think what you really need is someone to walk you through the process and show you how to use the laser cutter.
That’d be me, Don Smeller. I make myself available to help people with their projects.
I will be at 10BitWorks, a.k.a. Republic of Makers on Saturdays from noon onwards, and on Wednesdays from 1PM onwards. . . sometimes till midnight, whatever it takes.
I will teach you not only the how to’s of the laser but also any software you might need to build the files.
I don’t charge for my time, I’m a retired Mechanical Engineer, enjoying being helpful. But if you feel you’ve received value, drop something in the donation box, eh.

Just show up.

Ask for Don,

mobile 210-863-9037

Hi there Makers,

I am working with Rick Stemm on a tricentennial art project and I was wondering if I could come in one day this or next week to get a piece of acrylic laser cut.

The project is called Word Salsa and will be an interactive kiosk with a button and a thermal printer that generates poetry. It is trained on a database of historical and contemporary San Antonio poetry we've collected and we'll be moving it around the city for a year starting in May. I'm attaching a mockup of what it will look like up and running (the slit for the printer output and the button hole are things we need knocked out).

Can we do this at the Republic of Makers? What days would work best? What kind of format should my files be in? Do you guys accept cash or cards or paypal?

Thanks for any support you can offer!