Raw Materials from 2015 FTC Competiton

Sean Kelly

Nov 22, 2015, 12:09:42 PM11/22/15
to 10BitWorks
Andrew Schuetze and I disassembled a bunch of the field materials from last season's FTC competition early this morning at the space.

1. Plexiglass sheets (next to rack near the laser cutter; however, until I positively identify the material don't cut that material; there is a note on the sheets)
2. Aluminum/plastic sheets (in the rack next to the soda machine). Interesting material
3. Plasti-wood, in the wood shop area near the scrap wood
4. Plastic pieces near the back door; this may be candidate for the trash can if nobody can think of a use. If it's not claimed by Tuesday (12/1/2015) I'll toss it.
5. Boxes of 'center goals' in class room. These are transparent tubes used in the game.
6. Some caster-like items. They have some good, large ball bearing in them. In the classroom
7. PVC(?) tubes and brackets on the table in the main room (wasn't sure where to put them).

All of this stuff is for the shop use and anyone can grab what they want from it. We tried to get it disassembled to a manageable point.

Sean

Chris Hardee

Nov 22, 2015, 12:18:33 PM11/22/15
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Sean
Thanks Sean! :)

Chris Hardee
10BitWorks
San Antonio Hackerspace

Randy Ohman

Dec 5, 2015, 8:50:30 PM12/5/15
to 10BitWorks
I re-purposed one sheet of this clear plastic to make a cover for the Makerbot we have at school so we can put it in the hallway where all may observe the hypnotizing motion and mechanical music of the machine in action. By luck, I didn't even have to cut it.

If any are interested in similar use, I can share a 3D print design of a vented hole plug I made for the 100 mm hole that is in the sheet.
P1040768.JPG
P1040766.JPG