repairing a small appliance motor

mike perez

Sep 29, 2015, 5:09:46 PM9/29/15
to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, long time no see!

I've got a fan motor in the range hood over my gas stove that has stopped working. A replacement for this motor is $93. Anyone have any pointers on why a motor would go bad and if the fix is cheaper than $93?

Replacement motor on Amazon

thanks

--
-m.a.perez
KF5QVO

Jeremy Z

Sep 30, 2015, 9:09:53 AM9/30/15
to 10bitworks

$75 on eBay http://m.ebay.com/itm/Broan-Nutone-Genuine-Range-Hood-Motor-99080535-SR99080535-QS130-QS136-QS142-/141520182999?nav=SEARCH more searching could probably find a cheaper compatible motor, you'd need the specs of the original and then match it with a motor of the same or similar enough specs (size, voltage, rpm, shaft dimensions, mounting, etc).

Motors do occasionally go bad. Here's a really good resource for learning about repairing such stuff: http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/appfaq.htm

mike perez

Oct 2, 2015, 11:04:01 AM10/2/15
to 10BitWorks
thanks for the links, Jeremy, have fun overseas!