This!

john vanhoozer

Feb 21, 2017, 9:41:41 AM2/21/17
to 10BitWorks
Now this!  THIS is what would be REALLY cool to work on.   Aesthetically, it is more pleasing than a farmbot (farmbot.io) but not as functional. Now if we could somehow combine the two technologies, then you'd really have something.  Automation with space savings.  Of course, you could always wharehouse (tiered, multilevel) farmbots.  It would not be as pretty.

I soooo Want to build one of these ...  Of course, it would be far easier with a CNC router setup.  Guess I'll have to start finding a way to finance that.

Tookys

Feb 21, 2017, 7:46:25 PM2/21/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of john vanhoozer
Could merge the two.

Instead of a Cartesian farm bot. Do it as a polar coordinate farm bot.

I would totally be interested in building one too if we could find a place to do it

john vanhoozer

Feb 24, 2017, 12:02:38 PM2/24/17
to 10BitWorks
Sort of a "Delta Farmbot" ;)

It would be great.  Building the platform pieces without a CNC router would be un-fun (doable, but not fun).  Large pieces with curved edges.  I like that Ikea has released the plans and the code for CNC.

I find it sadly funny that they include a <to paraphrase> a butt load of plywood and screws and a trip to your local fablab.

I suspect that in Sweden, there are fablabs everywhere.

On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 6:46:25 PM UTC-6, tookys3 wrote:
Could merge the two.

Instead of a Cartesian farm bot. Do it as a polar coordinate farm bot.

I would totally be interested in building one too if we could find a place to do it

Peggy Guillory

Feb 24, 2017, 1:24:49 PM2/24/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of john vanhoozer
What is  farm bot?   Peggy

john vanhoozer

Feb 25, 2017, 9:12:42 AM2/25/17
to 10BitWorks
I'll show you today, Peggy.

Or look here:   farmbot.io

On Friday, February 24, 2017 at 12:24:49 PM UTC-6, pguillory424 wrote:
What is  farm bot?   Peggy