Does anyone have any floppy drives?

Chris Hardee

Apr 16, 2015, 4:54:03 PM4/16/15
to 10BitWorks
I'm trying to transfer files to an old computer of mine that only takes 1.5" floppy drives. The drive on that old computer is fine, but the drive on my newish computer isn't so I'll need to replace it (it could also be the cable).

I figured someone on this list has some old computers that are on the list to be tossed out. The drive plus the cable if anyone has one.

--
Chris Hardee
10BitWorks

Craig

Apr 16, 2015, 7:16:53 PM4/16/15
to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com

On Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 3:54:03 PM UTC-5, Christopher Hardee wrote:
I'm trying to transfer files to an old computer of mine that only takes 1.5" floppy drives. The drive on that old computer is fine, but the drive on my newish computer isn't so I'll need to replace it (it could also be the cable).
Will a usb 3.5" one suffice? (also available at allgen)

Craig

Chris Hardee

Apr 16, 2015, 7:18:16 PM4/16/15
to 10BitWorks

It will not unfortunately! Has to be connected directly to the motherboard

Mike Garis

Apr 16, 2015, 7:47:23 PM4/16/15
to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com
I might, not all my used parts are in SA, some are still up in a storage room in Fort Worth, I will look around and see if I have a 3.5 and an IDE cable I can lend out :)

There where some IDE cables in the boxes at the space I think also.

- Mike G.

Joshua Snyder

Apr 16, 2015, 7:55:07 PM4/16/15
to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com
I have 3.5" floppy drive with the 34 pin interface. I was thinking
about coming to the space on Saturday if you want to get it then.

Josh
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sa-hackerspace/4f28f795-030a-458a-aab2-091409f917f4%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sa-hackerspace/4f28f795-030a-458a-aab2-091409f917f4%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
>
> --
> *E.F.A. Project* <http://www.efa-project.org>, and is believed to be clean.
> Click here to report this message as spam.
> <http://filter-new.imagestream.com/cgi-bin/learn-msg.cgi?id=8F9716011D.A62EC&token=4da3eaa35f162ab07f9e98e1b686df37>

Matt Grooms

Apr 16, 2015, 9:16:38 PM4/16/15
to 10BitWorks Hackerspace
Chris,

I just placed three excellent condition 3.5” floppy drives and cables on the seat of my pickup. Work is near the space, drop them off after, or will meet you at lunch if you’re in a hurry to get the transfers done.

Matt

Chris Hardee

Apr 16, 2015, 9:18:37 PM4/16/15
to 10BitWorks

Thanks Matt! Drop them off anytime, I'm in no rush. :)