Fab-In-A-Box

john vanhoozer

Mar 1, 2017, 11:32:12 AM3/1/17
to 10BitWorks
Hi, folks.

I was talking with Randy about this last night (tuesday 2/28).  I can't find the video I described but here is the link to the "product" from fab-lab called Fab-In-A-Box.

It's an OpenSource means of unifying all the CNC and other computerized tools they use.  When I find the video of the foam cutter in action, I'll update here.

Basically it's a collection of controllers on a common interface (called Gestalt and implemented as Python modules called pyGestalt)

Fab-In-A-Box  or better yet there is another page that features "Machines that make Machines" from MIT here:  Machines That Make Machines.

CNC equipment made with cardboard anyone?

FOUND IT:::    MtmM : Wire cutter