Laser cutter bed unlevel

Ken Runner

Nov 16, 2015, 2:16:05 AM11/16/15
to 10BitWorks
I tried cutting some masonite board last night (Sunday).  It was 2x4 sheets and I was trying to cut out 10 christmas trees outlines per sheet to be painted.

The left half of the bed was doing ok, but the right side wasn't cutting through.  I put a level on the laser bar itself and it seemed ok, but the bed was not.  The left side of the bed seemed pretty level, but the right side wasn't.  I wasn't sure how to adjust it, but wanted to point this out to anyone who knows how to re-level it or has the time to figure it out...

Don Smeller

Nov 16, 2015, 6:37:44 AM11/16/15
to 10BitWorks
Forget level.  The operative word is parallel.  The thing will work on a rolling aircraft carrier as long as the bed and travel arm are parallel.

On Nov 16, 2015, at 1:16 AM, Ken Runner via 10BitWorks <sa-hackerspace+APn2wQeaYh6yc63JW...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

I tried cutting some masonite board last night (Sunday).  It was 2x4 sheets and I was trying to cut out 10 christmas trees outlines per sheet to be painted.

The left half of the bed was doing ok, but the right side wasn't cutting through.  I put a level on the laser bar itself and it seemed ok, but the bed was not.  The left side of the bed seemed pretty level, but the right side wasn't.  I wasn't sure how to adjust it, but wanted to point this out to anyone who knows how to re-level it or has the time to figure it out...

Jeremy Z

Nov 16, 2015, 9:38:26 AM11/16/15
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Don Smeller
I will fix it Tuesday.
I think that happens when the bed is pushed beyond it's limits or if someone let the nozzle/focus tube crush into material.

John Frazee

Nov 16, 2015, 5:17:37 PM11/16/15
to 10BitWorks
http://www.rabbitlaserusa.com/FAQ/FAQ_110/FAQ_110.html

Question:

I'm still unsure on how to level my laser tray holder (the metal black box and rails that the honeycomb sits inside).

Quick Answer:

Adjust the jack screws at each corner. Shim the non-level portions of the honeycomb

Complete Answer:

If the floating table frame is not parallel to the laser head plane, then it can be leveled at the four corners ... at each jack screw. You can loosen the chain/belt and move the gear of the corresponding jack screw to adjust the height. If the frame is the proper distance (measuring a constant distance from focal head to the jack screw mount), then it is possible that the honeycomb bead is warped.

FAQ item was submitted: 5/19/2014 By: Raymond L. Scott

Contact: Raymond L. Scott ... Owner Engineer, r...@rabbitlaserusa.com, (513) 217-5707

Related Topics: level, work table, honeycomb, jack screw

John Frazee

Nov 16, 2015, 5:20:59 PM11/16/15
to 10BitWorks
Question:

. How do I align the honeycomb work table?

Quick Answer:

Loosen three screws of the jack screw and loosen the chain by loosening the motor then turn the jack screw to the proper height.

Complete Answer:

FAQ item was submitted: