DO NOT USE THE UPSTAIRS TOILET!!

Mike Ernst

Oct 29, 2017, 5:15:20 AM10/29/17
to 10BitWorks
Went by tonight to work on a project and finish up the work on the rust stains on the toilet bowl. I plugged up the bowl and filled it with lime away and water. It was soaking for about 4 or 5 hours while I was there and is actually working. I have left it to soak. I aim to get by sometime Sunday but if not, I will be there by monday night/tuesday morning at the latest. I ask that everyone just leave it alone and I'll finish it up.

Thanks,
Mike Ernst
(NativeTexan210)

Mike Ernst

Oct 31, 2017, 5:14:10 AM10/31/17
to 10BitWorks
Ok, it's clean...ish. After almost 48 hours of soaking, it got most of the rust but there's still a fair buildup of calcium just under the bowl. A little is still visible but between the work that Sue's hubby (Sorry dude, I'm HORRIBLE with names.I still only know five names right now. But I digress.) did during the meeting a few Saturdays ago and this attempt here, it's looking pretty damn good now. I'll probably give it another shot somewhere down the road but for now, I think it looks pretty good for a toilet in an industrial building. :-p Anyway, it's open for business again.

I cleaned up the downstairs bathroom a little. Removed the carpet and put it just outside of the tiled area outside the bathroom. Gave that toilet a quick wipe to clean it a little and I attempted to mop a little. I think I might have just spread the dirt around a bit. I'm awful at mopping. But for now, it looks pretty good. New bathroom knobs are still on my to-do list. I want to change out the knobs with a push button lock instead of a turn button lock. I've heard complaints that the doors get accidentally locked and I'm fairly sure that the accidents would be minimized with a knob that unlocks when you turn the lock side, which turn button locks don't do. So I'll change out those eventually.

Since I'm talking about my to-do list: I planned on installing a box fax in front of the AC in the downstairs meeting room in an attempt to help cool that room when in use but also minimize the power required. Having a fan blow the cold air away from the AC will allow the whole room to cool more evenly allowing the AC to cool the room and shut off for longer. But since we are going into winter, I've put a hold on that for now. Heating a room in South Texas is far easier than cooling one. lol. So there's no need to rush into that. My plan was to hang the box fan from the ceiling but I've nixed that idea as the fan would just blow itself around. Instead I'll install a shelf just to the right of the unit and make it wide enough so that the box fan can point in a 45deg path in front of the unit, pushing the air away. Just be sure to watch your head when it's installed. I'll probably put reflective tape on the edges so that it's visible. I promise, this will work like a charm. I have in wall AC units in my apartment and I use a box fax to do this very same thing. It really makes a difference.

As an aside: does anyone have a spare box fan they're willing to donate? If not, I'll go buy one, but I'd prefer to find out if someone has one they don't use anymore first.

xm...@att.net

Oct 31, 2017, 7:34:51 PM10/31/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Mike Ernst

Thanks for pitching in Mike. The ranks of doers growing.

Ray