Wednesday's '3d printed tuesday' humor

Craig

Jun 28, 2017, 10:52:54 PM6/28/17
to 10BitWorks
Hey,

I think I found a way that 10bitworks could put the space temperature differences to work.
If one did flat pack table/chair versions using http://www.3ders.org//articles/20170628-the-curve-of-3d-printing-austrian-researchers-pioneering-self-actuating-objects.html
would make setting up/taking town things for a meeting as simple as just pre/post setting the thermostat!

Craig

Les Hall

Jun 29, 2017, 5:49:40 AM6/29/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Craig
This one made the rounds quite some time ago yet I still find it to be funny:

What do you do if you really truly despise someone with a passion?

Well, you forgive them of course is the right thing to do but according to the joke...
buy them a 3D printer!

sorry, could not resist!

Les

Craig

Jul 5, 2017, 3:00:54 PM7/5/17
to 10BitWorks
Regulations / fees not withstanding, I wonder how  many of these 10bitworks would need to have on hand to be able to make the electrical production/storge worth while.
https://techxplore.com/news/2017-06-skin-based-biofuel-cell-scavenging-energy.html
https://phys.org/news/2016-04-wearable-sensor-battery-free.html

Would this count as a in kind donation?
How much time sweating it out at the space would be needed to get a practical discount for a given monthly membership fee?

Craig

Jul 12, 2017, 9:35:56 AM7/12/17
to 10BitWorks
10bitworks should really bring back the node pool / lake 10bitworks -- hang up issues not withstanding.
The node pool can be shared among several projects.

There should be enough condensation to gradually fill/refill it using Dewpal
Dewpal : http://2016.igem.org/Team:UGent_Belgium

Having the node pool will allow for circuit ideas to be floated w/o adding to the water bill!
https://www.sculpteo.com/blog/2017/06/28/hydroprinting-a-breakthrough-innovation-to-print-conductive-patterns/
Node pool resources could be used to do mass produced upgrades to the luminaria shirts. https://boomyummy.wordpress.com/2012/05/15/bioluminescence/
Perhaps also adding some simulated mechanical waves via shape memory polymers? : https://scholars.huji.ac.il/magdassi/magdassi/book/3-d-printing

Could use the node pool to automatically change out/cycle the water in the fish tank / hydroponics section.

Craig

Craig

Jul 19, 2017, 11:33:00 AM7/19/17
to 10BitWorks

Ok, one fish node pool Rube Goldberg idea about to be described!

Note: Legal issues / liability issues / code compliance / lease issues / practicality /

CPS alternative energy project funding not covered/discussed. Purely idea(s)!

Seems the original 10bitworks space has quite a bit of excess/abundant thermal heat that goes untapped.

Ok, first take, make use of that 1ft wall around the edge of the roof to cover roof

in solar screening – using solar powered fan to circulate air under the solar screen.

Although, might be able to do it cheaper if used http://www.advancedsciencenews.com/blowing-off-steam-mushrooms/

and some 3d printed solar wind turbines:

http://www.reprap-windturbine.com/index.php?id=10&L=1

http://www.instructables.com/id/3D-Printed-Wind-Turbine-uses-Bamboo/

and store all that power using roses! ( http://www.advancedsciencenews.com/storing-energy-rose/ )

2nd take, using Dewpal to fill the node pool to supply water to 3d printed cool

bricks ( https://3dprint.com/41447/3d-printed-cool-brick/ ); where bricks were

“mural printed” using the hangprinter ( https://youtu.be/dZLtPFJEQi0 ; http://reprap.org/wiki/Hangprinter )

So as not to run the Dewpal continuously, could make use of some of the following

humidity sensor setups:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Humidity-Sensor-Arduino-1/

paper machines : https://www.papiermachine.io/#overview (moisture detector)

moisture detector : http://www.instructables.com/id/Cheap-Smart-RFID-Packet-for-Moisture-Detection/

So, when the node pool is full (either from moisture or roof run off); utilize

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:802284 on one end of a hose (perhaps

with http://u-more.co/ making use of the discharged water)

to turn 3d printed hand crank https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:145186 ;

http://www.instructables.com/id/600-Watt-3d-printed-Halbach-Array-Brushless-DC-Ele/

Could up heated water flow via thermal water flow regulator : http://www.advancedsciencenews.com/4d-printing-smart-valves/

Now, alternatively, could put that hot summer roof to good use and do a solar water tank on the roof,

add a TEG ( http://www.advancedsciencenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/radial-thermoelectric-generator-experimental-setup.png )

that dumps water into node pool. (given might be awhile before can line hose to generate electricity as in

http://www.advancedsciencenews.com/floods-energy-flowing-water/ )

Grab some of that heat from the window via glass pane power : https://www.researchgate.net/publication/224536994_Solar_Thermoelectric_Generators

or roof/window application of http://www.advancedsciencenews.com/polymer-discs-convert-heat-to-electricity/

Ah well, there’s always the simple hand powered battery ( http://www.creative-science.org.uk/3D_shake_a_gen.html )

or

stair stepper as a generator : http://newatlas.com/energy-recycling-stairs/50472/

Will leave the hookup for flushing and refilling fish/hydroponics for a later article.

Power storage would require the space to be able to

a) get wired http://www.advancedsciencenews.com/wire-supercapacitors-key-candidate-future-wearable-electronic-devices/
b) have appropriate osloom.org device for http://newatlas.com/flexible-self-healing-thermoelectric-wearable/50204/
c) stretchable batteries : http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/aenm.201602096/abstract

============

Misc 3d printed motor stuff:

3d printed water pump : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrAFTj-lPFw http://www.mikesinventions.com/

3d printed brushless motor : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEEDJiC8Jqc

https://www.makesea.com/wiki?p_p_id=54_INSTANCE_9jGVcyv6Jb3y&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_id=column-1&p_p_col_pos=1&p_p_col_count=3&_54_INSTANCE_9jGVcyv6Jb3y_struts_action=%2Fwiki_display%2Fview_page&_54_INSTANCE_9jGVcyv6Jb3y_nodeName=makeSEA&_54_INSTANCE_9jGVcyv6Jb3y_title=makeSEA+3D+Printed+Brushless+Motor+v0+(prototype)

john vanhoozer

Jul 19, 2017, 2:15:44 PM7/19/17
to 10BitWorks
I think I missed something.  Where's the punch line?

Kevin Baldor

Jul 19, 2017, 2:19:13 PM7/19/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of john vanhoozer
I assume that it is situational humor. The lack of punch line is the punch line.

Craig

Jul 19, 2017, 5:41:31 PM7/19/17
to 10BitWorks

On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 1:15:44 PM UTC-5, john vanhoozer wrote: I think I missed something.  Where's the punch line?

On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 1:19 PM UTC-5 Kevin Baldor wrote:  I assume that it is situational humor.

Yeah, the start of the punch line might have been clearer if the 3d printed water filter links for the node pool outflow
hadn't been cut from the original post. ;)
Although I guess replenishing/recharging the node pool is a bit to much of a dry, software behind the scenes joke.

On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 1:19 PM UTC-5 Kevin Baldor wrote:

  The lack of punch line is the punch line.

No, just bad editing. -- unless throwing figurative punches counts. ;)
No flavoring for the punch line stuff doesn't work to well though either.

I did originally want to save automating http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Paper-TapePunch-Card-Maker-and-Reader/
for a future post related to https://blog.adafruit.com/2014/05/28/website-creates-knitting-machine-punch-cards-from-images-wearablewednesday/
and http://osloom.org

Craig