Reminder and How to Join the Virtual Makerspace Meeting

Les Hall

Oct 25, 2016, 3:41:20 AM10/25/16
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Randy Ohman
Hi folks!

You may recall me mentioning The Virtual Makerspace meeting this Thursday at 7PM Central (2016_1017_0700) and wondered how to get in.    Actually the G+ method of joining a Hangout as they call it is somewhat counterintuitive.  That's because I have to have you as a contact to invite you which means that you have to have a GMAIL account.

You should have a GMAIL account anyway, so if you don't have one get one.  Then find me (deltamo...@gmail.com) in the search at the top center of your GMAIL window (the one where you go if you click on the GMAIL link in the upper right of your www.google.com page).  Then you will find me and you can add me as a friend by hovering over my name and selecting an approperiate category from the list of check boxes that appears (you can make a new category if you like for this, but "friend' or "following" are just fine).

So I will get a notification and I will add you to my groups and can invite you to the meeting!  If you don't get invited then send me an email and I will take that as a pike or prod (not cattle prod, just prod!) and realize that you want in.

I know - confusing - G+ is really confusing at first but it is worth the learning curve to get involved and also to take advantage of the G+ features.

See you Thursday!
Les