Drill Dispensers

tookys3

Jun 28, 2015, 1:39:09 AM6/28/15
to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com

Made a new topic cause things had changed.

Thanks to Don S., Henry and his son to help sort out the drills and taps.

We seem to be over run with Fraction sizes with a splash of the other sizes.

Its not bad, its a start to populate our dispensers and give us some utility.

Ive gone ahead and order a drill and tap poster to hang-up (when/where we get a chance to) (its the same poster we use at my job for manual machining)

Now for the main topic. I have finished my designs this last week for design #1 of 2 on the drill and tap indexes. We will need to make 4 of design #1 and 2 of design #2.

I went ahead and made a box with 1 drawer to test my programs on and it looks to be coming together pretty good. I ran into a snag with that the wood i bought from home depot was warped (it always is from home depot, never use home depot wood for the laser cutter, even if your desperate)

I also had an issue with that my 1/8 wood was significantly thicker than i planned on and caused the drawer to not fit as well as it should have.

(I have it held together with masking tape for now but i plan to use a generous amount of flue for the final one)

Now im hoping to finish the first set of boxes next weekend if im able to get to Allen and Allen lumber before they close on thursday.

20150627_235343.jpg
20150627_235338.jpg
MAIN BOX WITH 2 DRAWERS OPEN.png

Don Davis

Jun 28, 2015, 8:12:58 AM6/28/15
to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com
Looking good. Well done.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sa-hackerspace/0j63qflolj0jddry1tu7gnvv.1435469911411%40email.android.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sa-hackerspace/0j63qflolj0jddry1tu7gnvv.1435469911411%40email.android.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

tookys3

Jun 28, 2015, 8:14:56 PM6/28/15
to 10BitWorks on behalf of gnu_don
Ok went ahead and came in and did some more work with some wood from Micheals craft store (still warped but better than home depots)

I went ahead and put together our first fraction drill dispenser and went through our fraction drill pile. It was quickly filled up and barely made a dent into the overall drill pile. But i think that's a good thing as we have a filled dispenser now.

Attached are a few pics of the now filled dispenser. The labels were done with masking tape. I plan to re-make it next weekend and put on proper laser cut drawer labels.
20150628_184757.jpg
20150628_184805.jpg

Randy Ohman

Jun 29, 2015, 11:54:50 PM6/29/15