Volunteer (this Saturday) Opportunity with Robotics Competition

Randy Ohman

Feb 4, 2016, 8:48:27 PM2/4/16
to 10BitWorks
I forward the notice below:

Greetings Robotics Aficionados, Makers and Appreciators of Striving Kids,

We are halfway through our FIRST LEGO League competition season?! We are getting very excited about the Regional Championships in March!

We still have five qualifiers to complete, though, and we very much need your help. I am writing to ask that you consider signing up to volunteer at one of our upcoming events. Being a volunteer will give you the chance to learn more about FLL and put you in a position to be a positive influence on many students. Not to mention, you get to see a wide variety of teams, robots, and strategies - and it's a whole lot of fun!

Our most pressing need is to staff the two FLL Qualifiers scheduled for this Saturday, Feb. 6th. One is at Wagner High School, the other is at Harlandale High School. Both are 30-team events, which require more judges than the recent 24-team events.

Please share this email with all of your team parents, sponsors, mentors, etc. No experience needed; training materials are available; judges will get a t-shirt to keep, and all volunteers get a free lunch! Teenagers are also welcome to volunteer as field resetters, queuers, etc.

If you are able to volunteer this weekend, please email me ASAP - if you'd like to volunteer at Wagner, also CC Deborah Rice (dr...@judsonisd.org); if you'd like to volunteer at Harlandale, also CC Michelle Moreno (michelle...@harlandale.net).

Many, many thanks and we hope to see you soon,

Megan Clark

Affiliate Partner - Alamo FIRST Region

STEM Coordinator - SASTEMIC

210-338-0439

www.firstinspires.org

www.sastemic.org

Randy Ohman

Mar 2, 2016, 12:03:36 PM3/2/16
to 10BitWorks
 Regional FIRST Robotics championship is coming up and they need volunteers. See the letter below:
----
Greetings to all,

We are a bit over a week away from the Alamo FLL Championship.  We will have 84 teams competing at this event.  This will be our largest championship event ever and will require that we put in place some new competition structures next year.

We will run 7 judge rooms per area which creates a need for 42 judges. We will run a total of six competition tables which means we need a dozen referees.  That means we need you to volunteer as a judge or referee if you don't have a team competing on Saturday March 12.  We provide all judges a tee shirt and all full day volunteers receive a great lunch.  You will see the top third of the teams in the Alamo FLL region.

Please sign up to volunteer and bring a couple of your team's mentors or parents to help as judge assistants, field reset, or practice table monitors.

We cannot make this the quality event it needs to be without your help and I mean each one of you.  Sign up in VIMS please before the end of this week so that we can clear screening and get you assigned.
[goog_1091195724]
https://my.usfirst.org/FIRSTPortal/Login/VIMS_Login.aspx?

--
Andrew Schuetze