Anyone know anything about wireless mesh networks?

john vanhoozer

Jun 24, 2017, 12:46:18 PM6/24/17
to 10BitWorks
Ran across this today and it made me think of  a proposal I made to IBM about 2 years ago...

Les Hall

Jun 24, 2017, 6:09:54 PM6/24/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of john vanhoozer
I know just a little bit.  Mesh networking is one of the features that have been developed in the furious realm of ESP chips - the ESP8266, ESP32, and the like by Espressif (sp?) of China.  I have programmed these chips todo IoT for e-NABLE, but I am no expert and I did not use mesh networking.  Basically the chips can do WiFi and Mesh so they can act as a bridge or either tech.  You can have up to 256 chips on each mesh network.  I don't know much else about it.

Quite a few  years ago I imagined a telephone network of telephones that each formed a node in a huge mesh telephone setup.  It would be free for everyone except the cost of the phone and the cost of electricity.  It has come true today with mesh networking  - that and so much more.  Also there are others who lurk and post here that know much more, hopefully the can chime in.

Of course, this is all well known stuff and is not going to win any prize.  It will take some wildly creative thinking to win such prize.

Les