Deadline Reminder & Instructions: RWJF Hospital Price Transparency Challenge (Visualization Category)

Hemali Thakkar

Aug 9, 2013, 3:24:46 PM8/9/13
to rwjf-hospital-price-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Thanks again for pre-registering for the 'Visualization' category of the RWJF Hospital Price Transparency Challenge. For those of you who submitted into the 'Apps and Tools' category, congrats on making it this far! We're excited to offer $30,000 in prizes in both static and interactive components of the 'Visualization' category. With less than 3 weeks until the deadline, we wanted to share a few things to make sure you're prepared:

1. DEADLINE EXTENSION - That's right! We've extended the deadline for the challenge to Monday, August 26th, 11:59 pm ET to accommodate those who are unable to submit on a weekend. When you're ready, submit your project on Visualizing at http://visualizing.org/contests/visualizing-hospital-price-data

2. MATERIALS - In addition to your final visualization, all entries must also have:
  • a brief text description (no more than 250 words) that includes details on your data analysis, what the visualization shows and how it might be used by the public
  • a URL to a video pitch (no more than 3 minutes) of your visualization
Attached is a screenshot of the Visualizing upload page. The URL to your video and your text description must be included in the "Caption" section in order to be eligible for a prize.

3. TEST UPLOAD - We strongly suggest uploading test projects beforehand [On the upload page, click on "Publishing options" and uncheck "Published" in order to keep your project from being public] to ensure that you don't run into any problems at the deadline.

4. BEHIND THE DATA - Get an expert's perspective on the Medicare Provider Charge Data with our Behind the Data interview with Niall Brennan, Director of the Office of Information Products and Data Analytics at CMS.

Best,
RWJF Hospital Price Transparency Challenge Team

Picture 26.png
Picture 29.png