how fast to run away

Molly Montgomery

Jun 18, 2012, 11:23:02 AM6/18/12
to runn...@googlegroups.com
I got an answer on Twitter that you must increase your speed 20% relative to your average pace to evade. (for me that means slowing my average way down right now, because I can't run fast enough to do that over my regular run pace). I'm new to interval training of any kind...have always been a "slow and steady" kind of runner.
Hope this is helpful  to others!

Mary Robinette Kowal

Jun 18, 2012, 2:18:39 PM6/18/12
to runn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, that's helpful.

AgentQ

Jun 19, 2012, 2:16:49 AM6/19/12
to runn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I thought it was something like that.
Can anyone guess the refresh rate for the GPS? I try to avoid cul-de-sacs' because of this. Also, are we meta-gaming by answering these questions? :P

Felix Petersen

Jun 19, 2012, 7:36:01 AM6/19/12
to runn...@googlegroups.com
Anyone know if there are any plans to add an option to input avg speed etc.... I normally run 4.00/km and 20% faster than that is pretty brutal

DogRunner

Jun 19, 2012, 8:34:09 AM6/19/12
to runn...@googlegroups.com
Why then run at 4:15 pace ?

If you know that there will be intervals, I would slow down a bit when running "idle"

Molly Montgomery

Jun 19, 2012, 9:17:23 AM6/19/12
to runn...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure, but I feel like a cul de sac shouldn't be a problem...the first time I played, and heard the zombies chasing me, I was apparently so into the story that I turned and ran the other way and I evaded just fine.

Felt like a dope though!

DogRunner

Jun 19, 2012, 10:24:47 AM6/19/12
to runn...@googlegroups.com
Me too.

I normally don't run 3:14 pace (per minutes/km), but when the zombies were chasing, I powered up :)

Eddie Rodriguez

Jun 27, 2012, 10:28:44 AM6/27/12
to runn...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, thank you. How long do you have to keep up the +20% pace?

DogRunner

Jul 6, 2012, 8:23:26 AM7/6/12
to runn...@googlegroups.com
till you heard: zombies evaded ;-)