[Rundeck 2.5.1] No matched nodes on locally executed job

Message has been deleted

Michael Battiston

Aug 4, 2015, 2:09:51 AM8/4/15
to rundeck-discuss
Hey friends, I'm mikey.

So I'm kinda new around these parts, both this group and rundeck itself. I've only really been using it for about 6 or so months and haven't really had to configure jobs until now. Apologies if my n00byness bugs ya >;)

So as mentioned above, I'm working with rundeck v2.5.1 and I'm trying to configure a job which is executed locally. The job runs an inline script which runs another script. When I run the job (logged in as admin), it seems as though it doesn't run any of the inline script. Here is the output from the job:

com.dtolabs.rundeck.core.NodesetEmptyException: No matched nodes: MultiNodeSelector{nodenames=[localhost]}
 at com
.dtolabs.rundeck.core.execution.workflow.NodeFirstWorkflowStrategy.validateNodeSet(NodeFirstWorkflowStrategy.java:341)
 at com
.dtolabs.rundeck.core.execution.workflow.NodeFirstWorkflowStrategy.executeWorkflowImpl(NodeFirstWorkflowStrategy.java:84)
 at com
.dtolabs.rundeck.core.execution.workflow.BaseWorkflowStrategy.executeWorkflow(BaseWorkflowStrategy.java:182)
 at com
.dtolabs.rundeck.core.execution.WorkflowExecutionServiceThread.run(WorkflowExecutionServiceThread.java:55)
Exception: class com.dtolabs.rundeck.core.NodesetEmptyException: No matched nodes: MultiNodeSelector{nodenames=[localhost]}
No matched nodes: MultiNodeSelector{nodenames=[localhost]}

also, here is the admin.policy

context
:
  project
: '.*' # all projects
for:
  resource
:

- allow: '*' # allow read/create all kinds
  adhoc
:

- allow: '*' # allow read/running/killing adhoc jobs
  job
:

- allow: '*' # allow read/write/delete/run/kill of all jobs
  node
:

- allow: '*' # allow read/run for all nodes
by:

group: admin

---

description
: Admin, all access.
context
:
  application
: 'rundeck'
for:
  resource
:

- allow: '*' # allow create of projects
  project
:

- allow: '*' # allow view/admin of all projects
  storage
:

- allow: '*' # allow read/create/update/delete for all /keys/* storage content
by:

group: admin

Rundeck is running on an EC2 instance in a VPC. The instance is running ubuntu 14.04.2 lts. After connecting to the instance via ssh, I successfully curl rundeck.

$ curl -I -L localhost:4440
HTTP
/1.1 302 Found
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=s1uqcqv0n9h0p4t49m8j2sxx;Path=/
Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Location: http:/
/localhost:4440/user/login;jsessionid=s1uqcqv0n9h0p4t49m8j2sxx
Server: Jetty(7.6.0.v20120127)

HTTP
/1.1 200 OK
Server: Jetty(7.6.0.v20120127)

If you need more/other info, let me know.

I've been looking around this group and some other places but I haven't really been able to find anything that matches up with what im experiencing and the rundeck version.

I've kinda hit a wall with this & idrk what to do. Sorry again for n00b

<3
mikey

Greg Schueler

Aug 7, 2015, 7:28:26 PM8/7/15
to rundeck...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mikey,

is your local node named "localhost"?  It might be using the node hostname as the name.

That error means that the node filters on your job are not matching any nodes that the user has "run" access to.  It could be the node filter you are using is wrong, or that there are nodes that get matched, but the access control is not allowing you to "run" them.