-bash: rd-jobs: command not found

Kaleeswaran Kalimuthu

Feb 9, 2017, 7:44:38 AM2/9/17
to rundeck-discuss
Team - I have installed and configured the rundeck environment for one of my client . Currently I'm writing a shell script to sync the primary and secondary environment . But unfortunately I'm getting the command not found error for all the rd commands . Can someone help me to fix this issue ?.

[rundeck@primaryser1 ~]$ rd-jobs list
-bash: rd-jobs: command not found

Dhanasekaran Anbalagan

Feb 9, 2017, 9:21:02 AM2/9/17
to rundeck...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kaleeswaran,

Can you try to export the path rundeck binaries installed location.

In my case

export PATH=/home/rundeck/rundeck/tools/bin:$PATH

Kind regards,
Dhanasekaran.

Greg Schueler

Feb 9, 2017, 12:00:41 PM2/9/17
to rundeck...@googlegroups.com
Rundeck 2.7 no longer distributes the old client tools "rd-jobs", etc.

You can use the new "rd" tool https://rundeck.github.io/rundeck-cli/

Kalees Waran

Feb 9, 2017, 2:09:55 PM2/9/17
to rundeck...@googlegroups.com
Hi Greg - You are right , I'm using rundeck 2.7.1 ...

But even it's showing the same when i give any rd commands .

root@primaryser1~]# json rd jobs list -v
-bash: json: command not found
[root@primaryser1 ~]# rd run --delay
-bash: rd: command not found

Thank you
Kaleeswaran K .

On Feb 9, 2017, at 4:44 AM, Kaleeswaran Kalimuthu <kaleeswa...@gmail.com> wrote:

Team - I have installed and configured the rundeck environment for one of my client . Currently I'm writing a shell script to sync the primary and secondary environment . But unfortunately I'm getting the command not found error for all the rd commands . Can someone help me to fix this issue ?.

[rundeck@primaryser1 ~]$ rd-jobs list
-bash: rd-jobs: command not found

matthew....@fronde.com

Feb 9, 2017, 4:08:52 PM2/9/17
to rundeck-discuss
The rundeck cli is a separate download which you need to add after rundeck is installed.  For my setup I used rundeck-cli-1.0.5-1.noarch.rpm

You'll also need these environment variables set:
RD_AUTH_PROMPT=false
RD_PROJECT=<<project name>>
RD_TOKEN=<<token>>
RD_URL=http://<<rd server>>:4440/api/18

Hope this helps.
Matt.

On Friday, 10 February 2017 08:09:55 UTC+13, Kaleeswaran Kalimuthu wrote:
[...]

Kalees Waran

Feb 10, 2017, 7:38:08 AM2/10/17
to rundeck...@googlegroups.com
Hey Matt,

        It looks like issue resolved now . thank you very much for your help .

Can you please in which file we need to add this

You'll also need these environment variables set:
RD_AUTH_PROMPT=false
RD_PROJECT=<<project name>>
RD_TOKEN=<<token>>
RD_URL=http://<<rd server>>:4440/api/18

For now I've exported the RD_URL and tested the command but it shows the below error .

But I'm getting below after gave the user name and password . Could you please help me to proceed further ?.

[rundeck@primaryser1 cli]$ rd jobs list -f jobs_prd.xml -p Prod
Credentials for URL: http://<ip address>:4440/api/14
Enter username (blank for token auth):
Enter auth token:
java.net.ConnectException: Failed to connect to /<ip address>:4440
        at okhttp3.internal.connection.RealConnection.connectSocket(RealConnection.java:189)
        at okhttp3.internal.connection.RealConnection.buildConnection(RealConnection.java:173)
        at okhttp3.internal.connection.RealConnection.connect(RealConnection.java:114)
        at okhttp3.internal.connection.StreamAllocation.findConnection(StreamAllocation.java:193)
        at okhttp3.internal.connection.StreamAllocation.findHealthyConnection(StreamAllocation.java:129)
        at okhttp3.internal.connection.StreamAllocation.newStream(StreamAllocation.java:98)
        at okhttp3.internal.connection.ConnectInterceptor.intercept(ConnectInterceptor.java:42)
        at okhttp3.internal.http.RealInterceptorChain.proceed(RealInterceptorChain.java:92)
        at okhttp3.internal.http.RealInterceptorChain.proceed(RealInterceptorChain.java:67)
        at okhttp3.internal.cache.CacheInterceptor.intercept(CacheInterceptor.java:109)
        at okhttp3.internal.http.RealInterceptorChain.proceed(RealInterceptorChain.java:92)
        at okhttp3.internal.http.RealInterceptorChain.proceed(RealInterceptorChain.java:67)
        at okhttp3.internal.http.BridgeInterceptor.intercept(BridgeInterceptor.java:93)

Thank you
Kaleeswaran K .

The information contained in this email is privileged and confidential and intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please respect that confidentiality and do not disclose, copy or make use of its contents. If received in error, please destroy this email and contact the sender immediately. Thank you.

matthew....@fronde.com

Feb 10, 2017, 4:13:55 PM2/10/17
to rundeck-discuss
Hi,

In order for those environment variables to be setup when you login then they need to be added to your users .profile.  I'm using the bash shell so for me that file is called .bash_profile.

Did you supply a username and password or did you use a token ?

I'm fairly new to RD so if you're on an older version I don't have any experience in that.

A token can be built in the GUI by going to your login profile and asking it to generate a new API token.

What version are you on ?  api/14 seems like it's an older one.

If you want to check you can connection from the command line to the RD server then use telnet to see if the conneciton is open:
[thompsonm@rd01 ~]$ telnet rd01 4440
Trying <ipaddress>...
Connected to rd01.
Escape character is '^]'.
^C
Connection closed by foreign host.

If you get that connected to <hostname> text then you can talk to the server OK.

Hope this helps.

Matt.

Greg Schueler

Feb 10, 2017, 5:44:21 PM2/10/17