Exectuion hangs with error "Cannot get property 'dateStarted' on null object"

Satya Reddy

Nov 13, 2014, 4:41:32 AM11/13/14
to rundeck...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

   We have migrated rundeck from 1.4.3 to 2.1.0(oracle DB). I see all the jobs migrated successfully but, when i try executing any job, I am facing below error and the execution will go into never hanging mode. Not sure what is the root cause for this.

Please help me to understand how to fix this.

ERROR  error, NullPointerException occurred when processing request: [GET] /rundeck/execution/follow/120180
Cannot get property 'dateStarted' on null object. Stacktrace follows:
org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.pages.exceptions.GroovyPagesException: Error processing GroovyPageView: Error executing tag <sitemesh:wrapTitleTag>: Cannot get property 'dateStarted' on null object
        at com.codahale.metrics.servlet.AbstractInstrumentedFilter.doFilter(AbstractInstrumentedFilter.java:97)
Caused by: org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.taglib.exceptions.GrailsTagException: Error executing tag <sitemesh:wrapTitleTag>: Cannot get property 'dateStarted' on null object
        at gsp_rundeck_executionshow_gsp$_run_closure1.doCall(gsp_rundeck_executionshow_gsp.groovy:47)
        at gsp_rundeck_executionshow_gsp.run(gsp_rundeck_executionshow_gsp.groovy:172)
        ... 1 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'dateStarted' on null object
        at gsp_rundeck_executionshow_gsp$_run_closure1_closure3_closure5.doCall(gsp_rundeck_executionshow_gsp.groovy:41)
        at gsp_rundeck_executionshow_gsp$_run_closure1_closure3.doCall(gsp_rundeck_executionshow_gsp.groovy:45)
        ... 3 more
WARN   warn, ExecutionJob: Execution not found with ID [120180], will retry for up to 60 seconds...

Thanks
Satya

Greg Schueler

Nov 13, 2014, 12:30:28 PM11/13/14
to Satya Reddy, rundeck...@googlegroups.com
Hi Satya,

Rundeck 2.x does not currently support Oracle DB.
--
Greg Schueler