Average salary for a Ruby programmer in Munich

111 kali dilihat
Langsung ke pesan pertama yang belum dibaca

Nebojša Stričević

belum dibaca,
26 Mei 2014, 02.41.5526/05/14
kepadarubyshift...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm looking into relocating to Munich and I'm interested to know what's the average salary of a Ruby programmer in Munich. I'm not sure what should I negotiate.

For the reference, I have 2.5 years experience with Ruby on Rails in a startup and client work. Before this I was a research and teaching assistant on a university. And I have a Masters degree in Software Engineering.

I heard taxes are calculated based on several factors - I'm married and I have a kid. Is the average salary enough for an average 3 member family in Munich?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Perhaps I'll be able to meet you in person some day.

Strika

Henning Koch

belum dibaca,
27 Mei 2014, 05.26.4227/05/14
kepadarubyshift...@googlegroups.com
Hi Strika,

most Germans consider their salary as a private matter, so I'm not sure
if you're going to hear hard numbers in this thread.

However: Web development in general, and Ruby/Rails in particular is a
much wanted skill at the moment. A lot of money gets bet on web
applications and there are not enough developers to write them all. One
day supply will catch up and fill that gap, but right now skilled
personnel controls the market.

Hence, if you are an Ruby developer with significant project experience
and a professional attitude to work, your salary should be enough to
feed a family of three and live a comfortable life in Munich.

Best regards
Henning
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyshift-muenchen/527a6a08-5470-4e2c-be7f-964a91db716f%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyshift-muenchen/527a6a08-5470-4e2c-be7f-964a91db716f%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Florian Bergmann

belum dibaca,
27 Mei 2014, 05.41.3327/05/14
kepadarubyshift...@googlegroups.com
depending on your skill and on the type of company (agency, startup, big ass corporate,…) salary starts at 30k and goes up to 80k… pretty huge range but also pretty huge difference in skills at the market.

expect 45k, start negation at 50k. after tax you should receive something around 2.3k / month (with 45k / year)

for reference: I'm owner of an software development company in munich and we work a lot with all type of companies. however, for a 45k salary I expect someone who really can work independently and knows how to write and test software. but: i have no experience in negation of salary with big companies when it comes to employment ;)

- flo
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyshift-muenc...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyshift-muenchen/53845A4E.4010907%40gmx.net.

Nebojsa Stricevic

belum dibaca,
27 Mei 2014, 07.22.5227/05/14
kepadarubyshift...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

@Henning, thanks for the honest response. I'm not looking for hard numbers, but your answer gives me a clue about the second question I asked. Thanks.

@Florian, that sounds good. I do consider myself pretty capable. And now I have something to start salary negotiation.

I would like to hear more advices/experiences, though.

Thanks,

Strika

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "RubyShift, Ruby User Group Munich" group.

Balas ke semua
Balas ke penulis
Teruskan
0 pesan baru