Rails Girls Summer of Code

Tobias Pfeiffer

Jun 2, 2013, 6:34:18 PM6/2/13
to rubyshift...@googlegroups.com, leipzig...@googlegroups.com, karls...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ruby User Groups Hamburg, Bremen, K�ln, Saarland, Karlsruhe,
Leipzig, Dresden, M�nchen, D�sseldorf and last but not least Berlin :)

My name is Tobi and I'm one of the organizers of the group in Berlin.

I'd like to draw your attention to a project which I believe is a great
cause and worth your attention:

Rails Girls Summer of Code http://railsgirlssummerofcode.org. There's a
nice video, too: http://vimeo.com/65826450 Think: Google Summer of Code,
mostly, but with the main goal being an educational and cultural one:
motivating woman to get into open source more. Does that sounds good?

To make this happen we need money, as we want to pay students, so they
can completely focus on their work. In short 5.000 USD allows us to
support one student for 3 months. We have therefor started a crowd
funding campaign here: http://railsgirlssummerofcode.org/campaign

We're well over 20.000 USD, but the the deadline is approaching quickly:
7th of June. Yes, that is Friday next week, ... and yes, that's quite a
steep target for a community driven project like this. However we
believe we can make it!

Please consider to donate. Please reach out to your company and see if
they can jump in with a sponsorship real quick. If you do have
connections to companies that might be interested then we are always
happy to be introduced to them, too (contact Sven Fuchs
<m...@svenfuchs.com> or me).

Last but not least please share this news in all your networks and if
this email just reached the admins/organizers please forward it to your
group :-)

Greetings and hugs from Berlin!

Have an amazing weekend,

Tobi, for the Rails Girls Summer of Code team