CMS solutions Too much for the blogger?

fugee ohu

Feb 11, 2018, 3:47:34 PM2/11/18
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
I was thinking about allowing my users to create their own blogs with a CMS like refinerycms but I'm a rails developer for a couple of years and I find it these CMS's pretty challenging Would end user bloggers looking for a blogging platform really be comfortable with this? Have bloggers graduated to a higher satisfaction level and wouldn't be happy with a less configurable, but simpler platform?

Colin Law

Feb 11, 2018, 4:46:27 PM2/11/18
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
I guarantee that the vast majority of people would be happy with a
system with minimal reconfigurability. The problem is that each one of
them would want a different set of basic features. Hence the need for
configurability.

Your task would be to make a system available with just the features
that your uses require, so it is up to you to take the complexity out
and give them just what they want.

Colin