[JOBS] Looking for Senior Backend (Ruby on Rails) Developer, Berlin based

inna.s...@movinga.com

Sep 26, 2016, 7:55:33 AM9/26/16
to Ruby on Rails: Talk

Welcome to Movinga! We are a young and dynamic company, founded with the ambition to disrupt the moving industry, in Europe and globally. From the simple online booking process to the consistently high service quality: this is what moving in the 21st century looks like.

Backed by renowned investors like Earlybird Venture Capital, Index Ventures and Global Founders Capital, we are continuously raising the bar of our product and processes to achieve our ambitious goals.

After becoming one of the fastest growing startups of the year we are currently transferring into the next level. We act as a technology solution company for our removal partners and we love to make the lives of our customers as simple as possible. We are changing the the old economy moving industry – across Germany and France into moving 2.0.

Senior Backend (Ruby on Rails) Developer (m/f)

Your responsibilities:

  • Designing, building and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
  • Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
  • Working in Scrum sprints along with developers, scrum masters and product owner
  • Integration of data storage solutions
  • Develop sophisticated algorithms to automated pricing and bundling
  • Identifying bottlenecks and bugs as well as devising solutions to these problems
  • Helping maintain code quality, organization and automation

Our tech stack

  • Technologies: Ruby, Rails, NodeJS, Elixir, Phoenix, Postgres, MongoDB, Ember, React, Docker
  • Tools: AWS, GitLab, Jenkins, Rollbar, Logmatic, Jira, Rubymine or any other Editor, Capybara, Selenium
  • Principles: agile company, lean, service oriented architecture, self organisation, number driven, transparency, cross-functional teams

 Your Profile

  • Computer Science degree or equivalent software engineering background
  • 3 years hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails
  • Mastering Ruby 2.3 and Rails 4
  • Follow clean coding practices using RuboCop or similar conventions
  • Strong background in docker
  • Proven track record in BDD using rspec. And code review in team
  • Experience with data storage solution, SQL database knowledge
  • Additional code experience in html and javascript is a big plus
  • Knowledge in building scalable systems

What we offer:

  • A fast-paced working environment in a rapidly developing company
  • Flat hierarchies with space for your own ideas
  • Working directly with the CTO
  • Having direct impact on the product
  • Multicultural environment with cooperative approach
  • Fresh fruits, cereals and soft drinks as well as various benefits for restaurants, gyms, cafés etc.
  • A loft office in the heart of Berlin’s trendy district Prenzlauer Berg
  • Company sponsored tech talks, trainings
  • Participation in hackdays, technology brown-bags, hackaton
  • Visa and relocation support

Join us to be a part of a young, dynamic company with a unique team-culture. Apply now to inna.s...@movinga.com