Integration Test File Uploads

supagroova

Dec 3, 2006, 12:42:46 AM12/3/06
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Does anybody know how to upload files in RoR Integration Tests?

I have seen lots on simulating uploads with Functional and Unit tests,
but all efforts I have made so far do not encode the files as multipart
form-data so they end up as a string.

I suspect I need to encode my post but don't see how this can be done
in the API.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Bala Paranj

Dec 4, 2006, 3:13:02 PM12/4/06
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

Jens Kraemer

Dec 7, 2006, 5:46:53 AM12/7/06
On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 03:13:02PM -0500, Bala Paranj wrote:
> Check out : http://manuals.rubyonrails.com/read/chapter/28#page237

that doesn't help with integration testing, because the TestUploadedFile
instance gets transformed into a string, yielding a

NoMethodError (undefined method `content_type' for
"#<ActionController::TestUploadedFile:0xa6ff4848>":String)

in the controller expecting an uploaded file.

Jens

--
Jens Krämer
j...@jkraemer.net

Bala Paranj

Dec 7, 2006, 10:58:27 AM12/7/06
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Rails Cookbook also has a recipe for testing file upload, you may want to check it out. Only rough cut version is available now.

Jens Kraemer

Dec 13, 2006, 4:06:45 PM12/13/06
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

I just built a small plugin for this - have a look at it there:

http://www.jkraemer.net/2006/12/13/integration-test-your-file-uploads

Jens

--
Jens Krämer