On ARM linux system, Arel's order method is not working properly

Jerry Chen

Nov 19, 2016, 7:39:55 AM11/19/16
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
On my Nvidia jetson tx1 development board (arm64 architecture, ubuntu 16.04), when I upgrade ruby to 2.3.2, the ActiveRecord's order method is break:

In fact, after I test, This bug is present in several development boards(Their environment are both rails 5.0.01, ruby 2.3.2, postgresql 9.5):

2.3.0 :004 > a = User.order :created_at
(Object doesn't support #inspect)
=>
2.3.0 :005 > a.count
NoMethodError: undefined method `blank?' for #Arel::Nodes::Ascending:0x3080cb8

Both armhf and arm64 system has this problem. In order to solove this problem I can only downgrade the ruby version to 2.3.1. anybody can help me? thanks.