best way to integrate Bootstrap

Askar

Aug 25, 2015, 9:36:13 PM8/25/15
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Hello!

Somewhere I read it's better to integrate Bootstrap with Rails via Bower rather than as gem.

What do you think?

jel...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2015, 10:04:26 PM8/25/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I've honestly not tried it with Bower but have been successful with both a gem and also dropping in the assets manually.

Sent from my iPhone

Askar

Aug 25, 2015, 10:08:34 PM8/25/15
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
It seems, if you use via bower more chances you'll have the latest version of Bootstrap...

John Lahr

Aug 26, 2015, 4:28:03 PM8/26/15
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
I think honestly it's 6, 1/2 dozen of another, unless you're worried about 'the new shiny' releases.  If you are getting bootstrap from a CDN you'll be sure to have the newest upgrades.  If you install it through a gem you'd have to update your gemfile everytime you want to upgrade, but I don't follow bootstrap enough to know when significant changes take place.