Overriding Templates in Rails 5

hdelm...@invisioneng.com

Aug 3, 2016, 5:45:03 AM8/3/16
to Ruby on Rails: Documentation
Hi,

I would really love if the process that is outlined in the currently public guide for overriding your generator templates would work, but I've tried several ways and days now and it doesn't work.

If you generate another resource, you can see that we get exactly the same result! This is useful if you want to customize your scaffold templates and/or layout by just creating edit.html.erbindex.html.erb and so on inside lib/templates/erb/scaffold.

Nope. I'm guessing many of these guides need updating for Rails5.
I'm just putting this up here in case somebody can do something about it. I love Rails always have and always will.

best regards,
-h