Rails Instlations error in windows XP

Somashekar.R Ramanna

Nov 6, 2013, 4:30:00 AM11/6/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

unable to convert "\x89" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8 for guides/assets/images/icons

/important.png, skipping

unable to convert "\x89" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8 for guides/assets/images/icons

/next.png, skipping

unable to convert "\x89" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8 for guides/assets/images/icons

/note.png, skipping

unable to convert "\x89" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8 for guides/assets/images/icons

/prev.png, skipping

unable to convert "\x89" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8 for guides/assets/images/icons

/tip.png, skipping

unable to convert "\x89" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8 for guides/assets/images/icons

/up.png, skipping

unable to convert "\x89" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8 for guides/assets/images/icons

/warning.png, skipping

unable to convert "\xFF" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8 for guides/assets/images/jaime

iniesta.jpg, skipping

unable to convert "\xF5" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8 for guides/assets/images/nav_a

rrow.gif, skipping

unable to convert "\xFF" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8 for guides/assets/images/oscar

delben.jpg, skipping

unable to convert "\x89" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8 for guides/assets/images/polym

orphic.png, skipping

unable to convert "\x89" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8 for guides/assets/images/radar

.png, skipping

unable to convert "\x89" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8 for guides/assets/images/rails

4_features.png, skipping

unable to convert "\xFF" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8 for guides/assets/images/rails

_guides_kindle_cover.jpg, skipping

unable to convert "\xEC" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8 for guides/assets/images/rails

_guides_logo.gif, skipping

unable to convert "\x8C" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8 for guides/assets/images/rails

_logo_remix.gif, skipping

unable to convert "\x89" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8 for guides/assets/images/sessi

on_fixation.png, skipping

unable to convert "\x80" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8 for guides/assets/images/tab_g

rey.gif, skipping

unable to convert "\x80" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8 for guides/assets/images/tab_i

nfo.gif, skipping

unable to convert "\x80" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8 for guides/assets/images/tab_n

ote.gif, skipping

unable to convert "\x80" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8 for guides/assets/images/tab_r

ed.gif, skipping

unable to convert "\x80" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8 for guides/assets/images/tab_y

ellow.gif, skipping

unable to convert "\x89" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8 for guides/assets/images/tab_y

ellow.png, skipping

unable to convert "\xFF" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8 for guides/assets/images/vijay

dev.jpg, skipping
Rails installation error in windows XP.docx

Xavier Noria

Nov 6, 2013, 5:01:04 AM11/6/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
How did you get those errors?

Somashekar.R Ramanna

Nov 7, 2013, 12:26:35 AM11/7/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Dear Noria,

while installing Ruby on Rails.

1) I downloaded Ryby installer-2.000-p247.
2) Installed mySQL 5.5.
3)Installed Ryby installer-2.000-p247 in nC drive.
4)in in command prompt ,C:\> gem install rails -include-dependencies
 then I got this error.

I followed this document to  install Ruby on Rails, I will attach this document for yours reference.

Thanks
Somashekar
Rails Installation on Windows.doc

Harshal Bhakta

Nov 7, 2013, 1:10:57 AM11/7/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Somashekar,

I think the messages that you are seeing are warnings from RDoc, not errors. If your console output is similar to https://gist.github.com/harshalbhakta/7349705, Rails should have been installed on your system even if you see those warning messages. What do you get when you try to execute "rails -v" in your command prompt?

RDoc had issues that caused it to parse binary files. This was fixed in the below commit.

Below are a few reference issues if you want to read more about the warning messages.

Harshal

Somashekar.R Ramanna

Nov 7, 2013, 4:02:15 AM11/7/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

Dear Harshal,

If we go to command prompt and check the version of Rails its showing Rails.4.0.
then we start rails service using command :  rails server, its giving the error

Regards,
Somashekar.R

Harshal Bhakta

Nov 7, 2013, 4:14:10 AM11/7/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Somashekar,

Can you post your entire console output for "rails server" command?

Harshal

Somashekar.R Ramanna

Nov 7, 2013, 10:42:11 PM11/7/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Dear Harshal,

Regards,

Somashekar.R
rails error.docx

Harshal Bhakta

Nov 8, 2013, 1:46:02 AM11/8/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Somashekar,

"rails server" command is used to start the server for a Rails project. Looking at your output it seems that you are executing this command from a folder that does not contain a Rails project.

I suggest you follow the getting started guide located @ http://guides.rubyonrails.org/getting_started.html

Below are a few steps you should follow to create a new Rails project.

rails new blog

Executing this command will create a folder named "blog" with all files required for a new Rails project. Replace "blog" with the name of your project.

2. Goto the folder "blog" from your command prompt and execute "rails server"

This command should start your application on port 3000. http://localhost:3000 will let you check you project homepage.

RailsGuides link I mentioned above walks you through each step required to get you started with your first Rails project.

Harshal

Harshal

Somashekar.R Ramanna

Nov 8, 2013, 11:51:47 PM11/8/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Dear Harshal

I given the command like this:

1) c:\>rails new blog

2) cd blog

3)rails server   it gives error

4) bundle update

5)rails server   it gives error

I attached erros screen shot for yours referanse please go throw on this and give the sugation to install rails, I am waiting for yours sugation.
rails error.docx