Payload names for 'sql.active_record' instrumentation

Jeremy Green

Sep 13, 2017, 4:57:46 PM9/13/17
to Ruby on Rails: Core

When I subscribe to sql.active_record, when a Post is loaded the payload name is "Post Load", which is great and seems to set a pattern on payload naming. Following that pattern:

  • When a Post is created I would expect the payload name to be "Post Create" (or something similar).
  • When a Post is updated I would expect the payload name to be "Post Update" (or something similar).
  • When a Post is deleted I would expect the payload name to be "Post Delete" (or something similar).
Actual behavior is:

  • When a Post is created the payload name is "SQL".
  • When a Post is updated the payload name is "SQL".
  • When a Post is deleted the payload name is "SQL".
Is there a reason for the difference? If not, would a patch to fix this be considered for merging?

Cheers,
Jeremy

Rafael Mendonça França

Sep 13, 2017, 5:15:14 PM9/13/17
to Ruby on Rails: Core
Please do investigate, maybe there is no reason for that difference and we would be really happy to merge a fix for this.