backport postgres cast-to-text fix (8c34d10) from master to next minor release?

Sergio Rabiela

Oct 1, 2015, 3:44:57 PM10/1/15
to Ruby on Rails: Core

Hi,

Ran into a cast-to-text error when trying to connect to a postgres 8.2 database with rails 4.2.4. I noticed the fix is already in master (https://github.com/rails/rails/commit/8c34d106ca66a03a78739c411a2f4ecb9fcad25d), but was wondering if this could get backported to the next minor version release of rails. It’d help me out a ton. Thoughts?

Thanks,

-Sergio

Rafael Mendonça França

Oct 2, 2015, 7:40:08 PM10/2/15