[Feature request?] Logging callbacks

Jared Beck

Jun 29, 2016, 2:42:24 PM6/29/16
to Ruby on Rails: Core
I have an app with too many callbacks. I'd like to see my callbacks in the log. I wrote this: https://github.com/jaredbeck/rails-callback_log but is there a better way? Maybe using instrumentation? If there isn't a better way, is this a feature other people would like? Thanks.

Brian Morearty

Jul 5, 2016, 4:50:34 PM7/5/16
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I think having an option to enable built-in callback logging is a great idea.

There have been many times when I wanted to temporarily log AR callbacks in order to debug something. It would be nice to have it built-in to the framework so we don't have to worry about the callback implementation changing from version to version.

I'm ok with something that slows down the app if it's just meant for debugging while in development mode.