[ANN] PresentationKit for RM

Caram Dache

Mar 4, 2015, 1:26:21 PM3/4/15
to rubym...@googlegroups.com
In a moment of despair, I have ported this Swift code to RM.
It reminded me that I definitely prefer RM :-)
But that Swift if (mostly) easier to port to RM than ObjC. At least the intuitive parts of the language. The rest is, err, hmmm, well, ...

    https://github.com/caramdache/presentation-gem

Ah, for the curious, add this line to your AppDelegate and touches will be beautifully painted on screen:

    MZRPresentationView.start

Nice to create your videocasts…

Caram

Colin T.A. Gray

Mar 4, 2015, 1:43:24 PM3/4/15
to rubym...@googlegroups.com
Oh nice!

I am also in the “Swift/Xcode” trenches these days.  It’s actually kind of pitiful, how bad Xcode is, and how, I dunno… uninspiring Swift is.  There are parts I like (structs - the ability to create “value objects” is really useful, and the ability to add methods to enum types - much more useful than C-style enums!).  But overall, I think the RM toolchain is really where it’s at.

Thanks, Caram!

Colin T.A. Gray
Community Manager
HipByte