Development Kit installation

msdb...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2014, 11:16:31 AM7/1/14
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
The process is kind of ambiguous to me.

Is there a link to a video tutorial ?

I installed Ruby, and the Gems, but not able to install the Development Kit

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Luis Lavena

Jul 1, 2014, 12:47:02 PM7/1/14
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
Hello and welcome,

Please see my responses below...

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 12:16 PM, <msdb...@gmail.com> wrote:
The process is kind of ambiguous to me.

Is there a link to a video tutorial ?

Not that I'm aware of.

Why the process is ambiguous?

I installed Ruby, and the Gems, but not able to install the Development Kit

Install instructions are here:

To summarize steps:

- Download the right DevKit for your version of Ruby (all this detailed in the download page)
- Run DevKit to extract its contents into a folder you can remember (example: C:\Ruby193\DevKit if you have Ruby in C:\Ruby193)
- Open a Command Prompt window where you have Ruby access (you can use the one from the installer *Start Command Prompt with Ruby*)
- Now `cd` into the DevKit directory (eg. cd C:\Ruby193\DevKit)
- Type ruby dk.rb init
- Type ruby dk.rb review (and review the output)
- Proceed with installation: ruby dk.rb install

And you should be good to go.

--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17