Anyone with experience setting up Jenkins jobs? (Windows)

Luis Lavena

Jul 17, 2012, 7:49:57 PM7/17/12
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com, theco...@googlegroups.com, RailsInstaller, Ruby Talk
Hello,

I cross-posting this to RubyInstaller, TheCodeShop, RailsInstaller and
Ruby-talk lists with the hope of getting someone interested in help
out.

Thanks to EngineYard, I've setup a Jenkins box that connects remotely
with a remote slave running Windows:

http://ci.rubyinstaller.org/

My experience around Jenkins is quite limited, so I find myself in the
quest of someone with experience around it.

At this time I produce those manually, but having that exposed through
the web will help everybody.

The idea is create a series of job that is able to build MRI in both
x86 and x64 versions. Git and GCC are available, along Ruby 1.9.3 as
base for building Ruby trunk.

To be more precise:

ruby: tcs-ruby 1.9.3p231 (2012-05-25, TCS patched 2012-05-27) [i386-mingw32]
git: git version 1.7.11.msysgit.1
GCC:
- gcc (tdm-1) 4.6.1 (32bits)
- gcc (tdm64-1) 4.6.1 (64bits)

Binary packages in both 32 and 64bits (to support Ruby C extensions):
- OpenSSL 1.0.0j
- Zlib 1.2.7
- libyaml 0.1.4
- libffi 3.0.11
- libiconv 1.14
- gdbm 1.8.3

The box is not very big (i3 with 4GB of RAM and 800GB of disk space)
but I would like to accommodate other projects beyond Ruby in the
future.

Those who are interested and have experience on this don't hesitate in
contact me so we can coordinate setup those jobs or further details
you might need.

Thank you for your time.
--
Luis Lavena