installing devkit on a machine with Git for Windows already installed

Peter Lauck

Apr 29, 2016, 9:53:30 PM4/29/16
to RubyInstaller
from the rubyinstaller wiki: To be able to install and compile certain RubyGems with RubyInstaller, you need to have theDevelopment Kit installed. While the DevKit is based on MinGW and MSYS, it is not recommended use a different version than the one provided by RubyInstaller Team.

Do not confuse MSYS with Cygwin. While Cygwin contains GCC, make and other tools also available in the Development Kit, is not the same and having it in the @PATH@ will interfere with the correct behavior of RubyInstaller.

At all times avoid having cygwin in your PATH when working with RubyInstaller and the Development Kit.

If I have Git for windows (which I believe has mingw64 bundled with it), will this interfere with the proper installation of the devkit?