Can I use the precompiled assest in another app

smu...@eagerestwolf.com

Aug 2, 2016, 12:23:45 PM8/2/16
to RubyInstaller
So, I am thinking of creating a version of RVM for windows...the issue, the thing that keeps me from doing it though is the prospect of having to compile every version of ruby manually for 32 and 64 bit Windows...the nice thing however, is that RubyInstaller has already done this. I know that RubyInstaller is licensed under BSD-3, so I'm free to use the assets, but I just wanted to make sure this is okay...credit of course will be given.

Justin Baker

Aug 3, 2016, 12:48:48 PM8/3/16
to RubyInstaller
Hi!

On Tuesday, August 2, 2016 at 11:23:45 AM UTC-5, smu...@eagerestwolf.com wrote:
So, I am thinking of creating a version of RVM for windows...the issue, the thing that keeps me from doing it though is the prospect of having to compile every version of ruby manually for 32 and 64 bit Windows...the nice thing however, is that RubyInstaller has already done this. I know that RubyInstaller is licensed under BSD-3, so I'm free to use the assets, but I just wanted to make sure this is okay...credit of course will be given.

That sounds exciting and of course you can use the RubyInstaller binaries.

If you are looking for any kind if inspiration then I would look at https://chocolatey.org/ and https://bitbucket.org/jonforums/uru

Be sure to hit up this mailing list if you need any help or when you get finished. =)

Good Luck!

Justin