Bring *.chm doc files back pls :(

Damián M. González

Sep 29, 2017, 1:13:30 AM9/29/17
to RubyInstaller
 Hey guys.

 I've seen that since version 2.4.X the documentation previously provided as *.chm aren't coming anymore. I wonder the reason why you aren't packaging them anymore. Is it possible to bring them back? Should I start collecting signatures ^-^ ?

 Thank you in advance. Best regards. Damián.

Lars Kanis

Sep 29, 2017, 7:41:12 AM9/29/17
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Damián,

the CHM documentation is replaced by plain HTML starting with RubyInstaller-2.4. You can find it in the Windows Start-Menu. So Ruby core and stdlib documentation is still packaged into the RubyInstaller executable and 7z files for offline use. They are no longer available as stand alone files at rubyinstaller.org, because HTML docs are available online and as download on http://ruby-doc.org .

Regarding CHM file generation there is at least one outstanding issue: https://github.com/vertiginous/rdoc_chm/issues/7

I would be OK to switch back to CHM, when the issues are fixed. So pull requests are welcome! But I'll not work on resolving these issues of my own.

--
Regards,
Lars