Rubies 2.3.1 and 2.2.5

Joe Duarte

Jul 15, 2016, 5:01:57 PM7/15/16
to RubyInstaller
Hi all – This is me humbly requesting RubyInstallers for the current releases of Ruby: 2.3.1 and 2.2.5

They were both released on the same day, April 26, and I've been eagerly checking RubyInstaller.org every couple of weeks since then. Of particular interest to me is this fix:

lib/securerandom.rb (gen_random): to avoid blocking on Windows.
  On Windows OpenSSL RAND_bytes (underlying implementation is
  RAND_poll in crypto/rand/rand_win.c) may be blocked at
  NetStatisticsGet.

Cheers,

Joe

Justin Baker

Jul 15, 2016, 5:08:43 PM7/15/16
to RubyInstaller
Hey Joe,

On Friday, July 15, 2016 at 4:01:57 PM UTC-5, Joe Duarte wrote:
Hi all – This is me humbly requesting RubyInstallers for the current releases of Ruby: 2.3.1 and 2.2.5

They were both released on the same day, April 26, and I've been eagerly checking RubyInstaller.org every couple of weeks since then. Of particular interest to me is this fix:

lib/securerandom.rb (gen_random): to avoid blocking on Windows.
  On Windows OpenSSL RAND_bytes (underlying implementation is
  RAND_poll in crypto/rand/rand_win.c) may be blocked at
  NetStatisticsGet.

Sorry about that, work has kept me super busy. But the good news is I got laid off!
Seriously though, now that I have time I'll get these releases out in a couple days.

Justin

Joe Duarte

Jul 17, 2016, 11:03:31 PM7/17/16
to RubyInstaller
Thanks Justin. I'm sorry about the layoff – it seems ridiculous that someone like you would be laid off, unless the company was going under. Good luck with finding a better outlet for your skills.

Joe