Gem::MissingSpecVersionError

Bijaya Manandhar

Mar 6, 2018, 5:43:50 PM3/6/18
to rubygems.org
I am new with Ruby and RSspec. I just installed Ruby version 2.4.3 and RSpec 3.7.0. I installed both of them as free download from RubyInstaller on my computer that operates on Windows 7.

When I wanted to drive a test and entered 'rake' going into a newly created Ruby file, it throws an error

Gem::MissingSpecVersionError: Copuld not find 'rspec' <~> 2 did find: [rspec-3.7.0]
Checked in 'GEM_PATH=C:/Users/....'

I just fail to understand and solve the error. PLEASE INFORM what does it mean and how to solve!!!

Keenan Brock

Apr 17, 2018, 9:45:30 AM4/17/18
to rubygems.org
Hello Bijaya,

There are very many gems out there. We are not able to know about all of them nor support them.
You would be able to get better support with the rspec folks

you can try

Best of luck,
Keenan