Enhancements to the rubygems.org site

Jason Hsu

Mar 1, 2018, 5:12:25 PM3/1/18
to rubygems.org
I'd like to make some enhancements to the rubygems.org site.  These will be similar to the ones I made for my local civic hacking group (OpenTwinCities) on the Adopt-A-Tree project, a site where people agree to water a particular tree when necessary during periods of dry summer weather.  I've created a tutorial on how to get this project running on your local machine at https://gist.github.com/jhsu802701/615a7d3c3883ec36ac89ed12da253c14 .  You'll see that I've created custom Docker images, a repository for using Docker images, and Bash scripts for routine tasks.  You should be able to get the project up and running in a matter of minutes, not hours.

I'd like to make similar enhancements to rubygems.org.  (I know that the project has been Dockerized, but my way is different.  Under my Docker solution, you won't have to wait for the right versions of Ruby, Rails, and other software to be installed because my Docker image will come with that already pre-installed.)

You can read more about my ways on my Ruby on Racetracks site at http://www.rubyonracetracks.com/ .