Problems importing weekly data dump

Bjarki Madsen

Oct 20, 2015, 10:02:54 AM10/20/15
to rubygems.org
Hi guys.

I'm trying to import the weekly PostgreSQL data dump found here https://rubygems.org/pages/data into my database.

However, I get a lot of errors when I try to do it.

I'm doing the following command:

psql -d rubygems -f PostgreSQL.sql

and a part of the output is:

psql:PostgreSQL.sql:197: ERROR:  type "hstore" does not exist
LINE 23:     metadata hstore DEFAULT ''::hstore NOT NULL
                      ^
psql:PostgreSQL.sql:200: ERROR:  relation "public.versions" does not exist
psql:PostgreSQL.sql:220: ERROR:  relation "versions" does not exist
psql:PostgreSQL.sql:255: ERROR:  relation "versions" does not exist
psql:PostgreSQL.sql:3676804: ERROR:  relation "versions" does not exist
psql:PostgreSQL.sql:3676805: invalid command \N
psql:PostgreSQL.sql:3676806: invalid command \N
psql:PostgreSQL.sql:3676807: invalid command \N
psql:PostgreSQL.sql:3676808: invalid command \N
[... skipping the rest of the output]

There is mainly errors about the statements including the '\N' characters but there is also some relational errors. I guess one can remove the newlines from the data dump but any idea how I can tackle the relational problem ?

Thanks!

Wes Garrison

Oct 20, 2015, 10:05:43 AM10/20/15
to rubyge...@googlegroups.com
You don't have access to the hstore extension. Check that it's
installed or that the user has access to it.

http://clarkdave.net/2012/09/postgresql-error-type-hstore-does-not-exist/
might be relevant.
---
Wes Garrison