Failures/Errors against master

Luis Lavena

Nov 27, 2012, 11:35:55 PM11/27/12
to RubyGems Developers (ML)
Hello folks,

Before master gets added to Ruby 2.0, I think need help taking a look to this:

https://gist.github.com/4159029

I'll really appreciate some feedback (if possible) on the errors shown
above. I remember trying to solve those without luck due lack of
understanding of some of the tests intentions.

Thank you.
--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17

Eric Hodel

Nov 29, 2012, 4:38:41 PM11/29/12
to RubyGems developers mailing list
On Nov 27, 2012, at 8:35 PM, Luis Lavena <luisl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> Before master gets added to Ruby 2.0, I think need help taking a look to this:
>
> https://gist.github.com/4159029
>
> I'll really appreciate some feedback (if possible) on the errors shown
> above. I remember trying to solve those without luck due lack of
> understanding of some of the tests intentions.

1) is due to get_all_gem_names_and_versions splitting on ':'. C:/ confuses it, we should add a check.

2) and 3) seem to be due to a gem that is not a tar file, but I'm unsure how. Perhaps it's the wrong path? Adding p gem in Gem::Package#initialize would be helpful.

4) Gem::Installer#check_executable_overwrite looks for a generated bin file and checks it for /This file was generated by RubyGems/ for you. That is not being found for you

5) It seems that the TTY check is returning true in Gem::StreamUI#ask_yes_no when it should be false

It's ok if we don't get these fixed for preview2, there is still time for further fixes before code freeze.