Using Rubygame for MMO framework

Tim Baas

Oct 8, 2012, 9:41:33 AM10/8/12
to rubyga...@googlegroups.com
Hello y'all!

When searching the web for Ruby game development in general I came across this Library.
I was actually looking for a Ruby MMO framework, but I haven't found it so far.

I'm a web developer using Rails to create applications, and I did a lot of game programming in the past with ActionScript 3.

Now what I'd like to know is the following:
- Is Ruby a good language to create games with?
  I've read that garbage collection is bad, but I don't know how that is in 1.9.3.

- Is this Rubygame library something I need when creating a MMO backend framework?

That's enough I need to know for now, hope you guys can give me some more information.

Thanks in advance!

Jakub Pavlík

Oct 9, 2012, 5:23:15 AM10/9/12
to rubyga...@googlegroups.com, tim...@gmail.com
Hi,

Rubygame could be helpful for the *frontend* - it's basically a SDL wrapper with some additional utilities for game graphics and basic game engines.

Jakub