active record ticket store?

Nick Roosevelt

Oct 7, 2013, 3:15:44 PM10/7/13
to rubycas...@googlegroups.com
We are using rubycas server and rubycas-client.  We have a production environment that includes redundant app servers.  Currently the single sign out fails sometimes, and I think it is due to the fact that the ticket is only known on one app server.

Is there anyone with an example of rubycas client configuration that will work with single sign out and redundant servers - I guess probably with active_record_ticket_store?  I have searched for documentation and comments on the web, and I have not found them.  I have tried to set up my configuration to use active_record_ticket_store.  I have added a migration to add the service_ticket column to the sessions table and the cas_pgtious table.  The service_ticket column and the cas_pgtious table are not getting any data, and I can't find any local files in /tmp or the project tmp directory.  And with this configuration the logout fails every time even on a one app server deployment (the default config not trying to use active_record_ticket_store works reliably on one server).

Are there any examples I can see using the active_record_ticket_store?

Thanks

Robert Mitwicki

Oct 10, 2013, 4:21:05 AM10/10/13
to rubycas...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If you are using redundant app servers I don't see any reason why it should not work.
Please explain a bit more about that how your app servers communicate each other and what it means that sso fails sometimes (how fails, on all servers or only one one of them, what error message you get, did you turn on the logging etc.) If you will provide me more information I can try to reproduce that and then maybe I will be able to help you with that. Also the documentation about SSO can be found here[1].
Best regards

Robert Mitwicki
Senior Software Engineer
FXI Technologies

Nick Roosevelt

Oct 10, 2013, 7:25:45 PM10/10/13
to rubycas...@googlegroups.com
We have 2 separate VMs that are acting as application servers. We
have the session in the database.

I have read that documentation and abided by it.

Is there any documentation that includes the ticket store
configuration and the command to run the generator? Are there any
project examples that work? Is anyone successfully doing this? My
first problem was that I could not figure out how to use the
generator, and it does not show up when you do rails g. Then I
created my own migration to add the service_ticket column to the
sessions table and the cas_pgtious table. Then it just was not
populating those things, so I looked in the git repo and there is more
code in there that populates the service_ticket column in the
before_save, but the latest version does not seem to work with rails
3.2, due to it not adding the find_by_session_id method to the
session, which active_record wants to remove before it adds its own.
Now I am successfully saving the service_ticket and then finding it on
logout, but the session is not going away. The next time the user
moves to another page, it still finds the ticket somewhere. And it
looks like the code tries to destroy the session when it gets the
single sign out request, but that single sign out request is from the
cas server, not from the user's browser, so that session is not the
user's session. So I need to close the session in a different way.
It does not make sense to me that this stuff would work. Is there
anyone actually getting this to work?